WOODSHOP JOB DESCRIPTION
Building and finishing custom products made of wood using hand tools, hand-held power tools, and heavy woodworking machinery.
- Attend work on the schedule established by the employer.
- Follow all safe work practices.
- Obtain parts and materials.
- Read detailed schematics and blueprints.
- Prepare and setup equipment.
- Operate wood finishing and cutting machines.
- Transfers equipment, objects, or parts, to specified work areas, using moving devices.
- Assemble component parts using hand and small tools.
- Ensure that products meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
- Use small power tools to trim or finish pieces.
- Cut, shape, assemble, and make parts for wood products.
- May change hoses, fittings, air valves, etc.
- Clean up work area daily.
- Willing to work 40 + hours when necessary.
- Standing 90% and 10% sitting with bending, pushing, pulling, twisting and lifting up to 50 pounds (anything more than 50 pounds request assistance).
Understand and apply custom woodworking techniques; work quickly and skillfully with the hands; accept responsibility for the work performed; visualize what the finished product should look like; operate woodworking equipment with skill. Must be able to read, understand and speak English.
Steel Toe Work Shoes 25’ Tape Measure Hammer Screwdriver Set
Socket Set (Metric/Standard)
Thorough knowledge of operation of woodworking machinery preferred. Previous experience in an industrial environment preferred.